Weight Management Services For Adults
When it comes to achieving and maintaining a healthy weight, everyone is different.
We offer a range of free *services that are available to Leicestershire and Rutland residents. Through the service, you will develop the relationship you have with your body.
Our adult services are available for people aged 18 and over and they are designed to help you to make healthy lifestyle choices and develop positive long-term habits.
The twelve-week programme will provide you with the skills, knowledge and support you need to improve your relationship with food, exercise, and your body.
You will work alongside an experienced Nutritionist to develop a plan that is manageable and suitable for you. They will work to support you in person, online or over the phone. You will receive guidance every step of the way.
The programme combines information sharing, open discussions, and physical activity delivered in interactive group sessions. As a result, one week you might be learning how to cook your new favourite meal, and the next celebrating a win out on the games court.
Challenge Yourself Today!
Your Starting Point!
Our Nutritionists have shared their top tips so you can start your journey today:
- Choose dairy alternatives such as soya drinks as a lower fat option.
- Eat at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Include a starchy carbohydrate like potatoes, bread, rice, or pasta, and choose a wholegrain version where possible.
- Add a protein such as beans, fish, or egg to the carbohydrate.
- Cook using unsaturated oils and spreads.
- Try to drink between 6 and 8 glasses of water a day.
- Eat foods that are high in fat, salt, or sugar less often and in small amounts.
- Aim for 3 balanced meals every day to prevent feelings of hunger. Don't skip meals as this could lead to overeating later in the day.
* Leicestershire Weight Management services are available subject to eligibility. Please call the service on 0116 305 0730 to discuss the best option for you.